A ‘fast’ aperture ratio of 1:5 makes this a telescope with a lot of light gathering power, which can already show a lot of detail in objects observed. The light gathering ability of the human eye is exceeded here by a factor of around 600. Globular clusters, such as M13 or M92, can be resolved right down to their centres. Many galaxies can be observed. Gaseous nebulae, such as the Omega or Orion nebula, show filaments and become magnificent summer and winter sky objects with this telescope.
Also, the planets reveal some of their secrets. For example, you can observe and follow the cloud bands of Jupiter which carry the Great Red Spot over the planet. The shadows cast by the larger moons of Jupiter are also visible with a 150mm aperture.
You can even start astrophotography and take your first photos – of the moon for example.
If you are looking for a fast, but nevertheless very compact telescope, then this size of telescope is exactly right.
The advantages in a nutshell:
- high resolution with the 150mm aperture
- 1.25″ focuser with large range of focus
- simply location of objects
- adjustment screws for secondary and main mirrors
- compact 66cm length
- outside tube diameter 185mm
The following is included in delivery:
- 25mm ploessl eyepiece giving 30X magnification
- 6.5mm ploessl eyepiece giving 115X magnification
- Red Dot finder scope for easy location of celestial objects
- 2x Barlow lens for doubling the eyepiece magnification
The EQ-3 mount:
This parallactic mount allows you to accurately aligning the optics to the Pole Star. The correct polar height and geographical latitude can be set for any observation location. The slow motion controls for the RA and DEC axes allow objects to be adjusted precisely, tracked and held in the field of view. A counterweight provides exact counterbalancing of the optics.
The EQ-3 mount provides a solid base for most small to medium size optics and is excellent for fascinating excursions through the night sky. Drive motors are available for automatically guiding the EQ-3 mount, which also allows any first attempts at astrophotography. The tripod is extendable, an accessory tray provides a place for eyepieces and other accessories.
The mount comes with:
- robust tripod
- accessory tray
- counterbalancing counterweight
It is not only important which telescope you buy, but also where you buy it.
We provide extra help:
- We are a leading telescope dealer and know these instruments like the back of our hands.
- We are always very happy to offer our assistance after your purchase, should you encounter any problems with your telescope’s setup or operation.
- Our ‘Telescope Basics’ booklet – an 80-page beginner’s guide for our telescopes – is provided free of charge with every telescope we sell.