Most eyepieces suffer from image distortion at the edge of the field of view. If you move the object observed into the outer part of the field of view it becomes distorted. Omegon ED flat field eyepieces counteract this effect. Who does not want a really true to life and undistorted image?
You can get really close to this ideal with flat field eyepieces. These flat field eyepieces have an ED lens element included which gives particularly good colour purity. Their optical construction also means that these eyepieces offer extremely high contrast and sharpness, way above the usual level.
The advantages in a nutshell:
- flat field optics,giving a flat field of view
- ED element for high contrast and image colour purity
- wide angle eyepiece with 60° field of view
- good eye relief
- multi-coating on all lens surfaces
- 16mm eye relief, suitable for spectacle wearers
- rigid, screw-out eye cups
- 25“ barrelwith 1.25“ filter thread
|Focal length (mm)||18|
|Apparent field of view (°)||60|
|Connection (to the telescope)||2″|
|Coating of optical system||Multi Coating|